Casa Cal Domino is now offering long and medium term winter rentals from Mid October to the end of March. Come and enjoy the 300 days of sunshine that this region has on average each year:
- Hiking : Cal Domino is situated in the Gavarres Massif, a 38,000 Ha protected area just 3 km from the 28 blue-flagged beaches of the Costa Brava and overlooking the medieval village of Calonge and its 10th Century Castle. We are also close to the Collsacabra mountain range in the low Pyrenees and Montseny National Park for some truely spectacular day hiking.
- Mountain biking : From the back door, the Gavarres hills offer well maintained trails for all levels of fitness and closer to the coast, the Cap Roig hills have some superb sea views and demanding, fast, forest trails. For X-trail, we have the Via Verde (an old disused railway track) winding its way down from the Pyrenees and along the coast for easy cycle gastro tourism.
- Road Cycle training : Girona, our region’s capital, hoasts over a dozen professional cycling teams that are activce all through the winter months to take advantage of the good weather, smooth roads and great climbs through the Gavarres hills. You can also elect to venture through the flat Empordá region which offers traffic-free, well maintained country lanes and medieval villages where you can stop for breaks or lunch and soak up the atmosphere in this part of northern Spain. To the north, some cycle shops in Girona offer free “shop rides” with their resident professsional to the Collsacabra mountain range in the low Pyrenees. Great for those that want some company on 100km + rides.
- Golf : We have half a dozen international standard golf courses within 30 minutes of the Villa. Don’t want to play today ? Platja d’Aro has all the main highstreet shops to keep you occupied, Girona city is just 30 minutes away, Roca Village (huge outlet centre) just 40 minutes away and Barcelona city centre just 90 kms away by autovia.
- Skiing : Keep an eye out for good weather conditions and fresh snow and ski the high Pyrenees in over a dozen resorts from just 90 minutes away by car.
- Relax and Enjoy : Don’t feel like doing anything ? Relax in the heated infinity pool (til mid November) heated exterior Jacuzzi spa (all year) or Sauna (all year).
Our fully winterised Villa is fully renovated and boasts natural gas central heating and double glazing throughout. Along with the central heating, there is a log burner in the lounge for cozy evenings in front of the fire. Our modern open plan kitchen is very well stocked with everything that you will need for an extended stay and far surpasses what you would expect from a rental Villa.
The Villa comes with a 4×8 infinity pool which can be heated until mid-November, an exterior Jacuzzi / Spa which is heated all through the year and an interior sauna.
Prices are from just €700 per week for full private use of the Villa (sleeps 8) and all its amenities. Rent for 4 weeks and the rate reduces to just €600 per week and for longer rentals, €500 per week. All rates include fast broadband WIFI throughout, CCTV security coded entrance, alarm, a large safe for all of your personal valuables, all taxes, bed linen, pool and house towels and final cleaning. The rate does not include utility bills (gas, water, electricity) which will depend on your usage or a €300 breakages deposit which is fully refundable on departure with the Villa left in good working order.
The Villa has panoramic views over Calonge Castle and the Mediterranean Sea and has an on-street secure space for all of your golfing, skiing and cycling equipment.
We are perfect for retired couples that want to enjoy the sunshine and lifestyle of a Spanish Villa and invite friends and family to stay here and there for a few days without having to pay extra. The Villa has four double bedrooms and is licensed for a maximum occupancy of 8 persons.
Well trained and non destructive / non aggressive dogs are welcome free of charge.
You can also contact us via email at email@example.com